New Patients

How to Register with Mid Ulster Health Care Cookstown

Once it has been established that you live within the Practice area, you will be asked to bring proof of identification (photographic I.D) and a Utility Bill (valid within the last 3 months) with your address on it into the Practice in order to register. You will be given either a HS200 form or HSC/R1 form to complete.

If you are on regular repeat medication, please bring a printed list of these together with a printout of your medical summary from your previous GP Practice.

Following the Uk's departure from the EU, there has been some confusion in relation to what documents are required. Please see below guide for more information:

FAQs for Patients (PDF, 652KB)

GP entitlement desk aid (PDF, 589KB)

Patient Guide to entitlement and lawfulness (PDF, 780KB)

Changing Address - Outside of the Practice Area

If you change address or the Practice receives a letter with an address on it for you which falls outside our current Practice boundary, we will write to you advising you that we have received this letter and advise you, assuming that you have moved address, that you will need to register with a new GP Practice as your new address falls outside our current Practice boundary. The Practice will notify Business Services Organisation (BSO) to remove you from our Practice list for this reason.

Temporary Registration

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Accessing someone else’s information

As a parent, family member or carer, you may be able to access services for someone else. We call this having proxy access. We can set this up for you if you are both registered with us.

To requests proxy access, please collect a proxy access form from reception from 9am to 5pm.